My Credo

" You've got to create a dream. You've got to uphold the dream. If you
can't, then bugger it.Go back to the factory, or go back to the desk." - Eric
Burdon.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

New Collection- Preview of Coming Attractions

Good Lord woman, get it together!


This is now the third time trying this post. Having been away from the world of blogging for most of the year (I know what my New Year's resolution was, but we all know that was never going to happen -yes?) I have come back. Apparently in the time I've been away I have completely forgotten how to log in, what my blog address actually was and the who the hell I am. I'm surprised I can even get up in the morning- it is quite difficult really.


Now I seem to have got my act together- for now anyway. So I'm going to try to show you all some of my new stuff.


I have not been idle in my time away... I am a mother, wife and public servant and quite frankly the last six months or so have been a hard slog. But it has resulted in a bit of a creative re-birth ( so to speak).Toying around with the ( far too many to be sensible) pretty gems I have accumulated I started to string random jewels in long lengths and before I knew it..Hey presto! The Statement Collection was born.


Actually, this collection has been building up in my mind for some time. I love gems- thank you Captain Obvious - and I especially love them all together in big piles. I also love bold, chunky designs that combine raw elements with high quality natural stones. So I thought I'd have a go at it myself- you know, really push the boat out.


So here is a bit of a squizz at some of my new stuff.....






Mystere




This darling doesn't have a name yet. I'm thinking of keeping it but....needs must where the devil drives. Anyway, it's a stunning confection of Chrysophrase slabs. This is one of my new 'It' stones. I'm usually a sparkly gemstone girl, but I am experimenting with different stones like Lava Stone, Coral and Chrysophrase. It's now my new best friend!! Can't get enough. I fact I think I now have a name for this piece...I shall name you 'Covet' ha, ha. Because I really do LOVE these stones.




Another nameless piece but a fabulous example of what I mean by a real statement piece. I'm thinking simple, understated elegant clothing and a showstopper necklace. I'm a bit in love with three-strand necklaces and have made a few. This one can be a bit heavy but satisfyingly so and just drips with a swathe of mixed cuts of premium rock crystal and smoky quartz. Yum...



In the Night Garden


Now I quite like the name I gave this one. But it really should have been called " Sushi on Roma" . Why, you ask?

Well, oddly enough, it was actually inspired by the new sushi shop that opened earlier this year near my work in town. The place had been open for some weeks before I ventured outside to have a look, and as soon as I saw it it I was smitten with their decor. Don't get me wrong, the food's good. But the Lime green and black decor just sang to me and I knew immediately that I had to create a necklace with those colours. Just goes to show that inspiration can often be found in the unlikeliest places. I wonder if Cartier or Tiffany ever felt like that? Somehow I don't think think so but for a mere mortal like me I'll take what I can get!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you know there's a 12 word phrase you can say to your crush... that will induce deep emotions of love and instinctual attraction to you buried within his heart?

That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, look after and guard you with his entire heart...

12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Love Response

This impulse is so built-in to a man's mind that it will drive him to work better than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

Matter-of-fact, triggering this influential impulse is so binding to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

...You'll immediately notice him open his heart and mind for you in a way he's never expressed before and he will distinguish you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly understood him.